Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Birthday Memories

We had Maddox's birthday party at our house on Saturday evening. Originally, we planned on having it at the campground and having a "camping party". Therefore, I decided to create this Smore Cake...knowing that Maddox had no interest in the Smore, but something more along the lines of Spiderman, Batman, dirtbikes, etc. I thought this looked easier and I didn't have a pan for what he wanted...I knew I'd spend forever trying to cut out a cake and decorate it. Instead I ended up spending forever decorating this Smore cake. It was different though...and he still loves me even though I didn't fulfill that wish of his. What a bad mom that makes me sound like, huh! Larry even asked him the next morning, after I had made it, if he liked his cake. He sadly shook his head no....then, I asked him later because Larry had told me about his reaction....he tried so hard to shake his head yes...and make me think that he liked it, but there was no hiding it. He did not really care for his Smore Cake. In the end...we didn't have a camping party after all due to rain and he didn't seem to mind his cake at all! Thank goodness!
Thanks for your help Taylor!


Kurt and Taylor
This kid spent 90 % of the time going down on his butt rather than his belly...crazy kid!
It's a hit with Gavin too
Thanks to everyone for your phone calls, messages, and gifts. Maddox sure like all the attention!

No comments: