Saturday, June 12, 2010

Florida Bound 2010 - Day 1- June 12, 2010

So, while we were away last year I tried to blog daily to keep everyone, mostly family and friends, up to date on what we were doing, etc. This year, I decided to do the same thing...only I waited til we returned to start posting so here it goes...read it if you wanna.

This morning we headed out for our trek to Florida...we planned on leaving at 8:00, but really weren't too concerned about leaving early. We didn't need to be in Orlando til Noon on Monday. Why hurry? We pulled out at 9:30am...we saw Kelly and Jeremy as we were heading out...stopped and talked with them and then we were on our way. As we were leaving town...Larry tells me he wasn't really sure what way we needed to go. We are NOT big into planning, but knew we had a map and would make it one way or another.

As we made it to the Evansville area Larry and I were talking about some of the big cities we would be going through. He thought his Dad had told him just to drive straight through one city rather than bypassing it...Nashville, he thought. I said to him...are we even going through Nashville? He looked at me and said...I don't know! We laughed so hard at the fact that we didn't even know if we were going through Nashville. The city his Dad was talking about was Atlanta...I heard him say it. I immediately remembered that Elaine, Brent, and Jordan were going to be in Nashville this weekend for a softball tournament. We ended up stopping there...and staying...we didn't make it very far our first day, but it was worth it. The boys swam with Jordan...we spent some time downtown Nashville...it was filled with people due to CMA festival going on...and it was HOT, but we did get to check out some shops and all in all it was a good time. We can now say we've been downtown Nashville. We ate at Calhoun's, the best ribs in town, or maybe the country...and headed back to the hotel room. The thing is...the family who had an adjoining room with Elaine and Brent decided to head back home and their room was already paid for, so we ended up getting free room and board.

Gavin's favorite thing of the day was, get this, DRIVING!

Maddox's favorite was swimming with Jordan and jumping on the beds!


Our only other stop for the day was just across the Tennessee border at a rest area to eat some lunch. This is Maddox after eating at Calhoun's...his tummy was FULL!
Jordan is a country music lover...and was really bummed by the fact that there was a CMA festival going on in the city we were in...and we weren't going! We walked past the CMT building and thought we oughtta at least snap a shot...as I sat in the middle of the sidewalk to get this shot...pretty sight, I'm sure!
Meet our catsitter...isn't she a natural! The report as of this evening, is that Pepper has not been seen in 24 hours...Larry will be excited...and the boys will not be...I think Grandma is a bit concerned about her grandsons' reactions.

We plan to get an early start in the morning to make up for our short driving day...which was very worth it!

8 comments:

Kelly R said...

So that totally sounds like you guys!! Dad would be so proud!! I take it pepper will return later since you were going to get him tonight!!

elaine said...

We enjoyed the visit in Nashville. I had forgotten about Maddox's FULL belly after eating his ribs. Too funny!! I am not sure who enjoyed jumping on the bed more, Maddox or Jordan.

mallory! said...

Looks like a good time in Nashville! lol! that belly sure looks full Maddox. and as for Grandma, she's definately a natural. i wish u guys could have seen her out the door at night yelling "pepper! come here pepper" in this sweet little voice that no one ever gets to hear! haha just kidding grandma:) lovee u!

Megan said...

You guys crack me up glad you are home and safe!!

Caden Kocher said...

Caden said..."him belly is so full"!!! He misses his maggots :(
DeAnn--you are truly a Kocher--no map--no direction--no worries!!!

Anonymous said...

Grandpa thinks we need to read a book "A week with Pepper".Yes, it did bother me when Pepper didn't show up. I didn't want the boys to think Grandma couldn't keep their Pepper and I knew they still wanted him. Although, I knew Larry had other ideas.But he did come back every night and I loved him and fed him. I usually like barn cats out by the barn.

grandma k said...

OOPS11

mallory said...

really, we're starting "anonymous" again?! haha,just kidding grandma!:)