Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of School - 2010

Maddox is in Kindergarten this year and Gavin is in Second grade...all grown up! They started on Monday and it has been a good, but long, week. I really dislike school starting on a Monday...I'd vote for at least a Wednesday. Maddox has been a bit grumpy when he gets home, but it's an adjustment.

I wonder if Maddox's hand signal is a sign of what he's going to be someday! (Actually, he is imitating himself from his first day of pre-school, he didn't quite have the thumbs up thing down, or he was just being silly and that's what he did. He thought it was funny, so I guess it's his signature move now.
Mrs. Potter and the entire school body starting off the school year with a prayer...so glad that the boys are a part of this school!

5 comments:

Megan said...

It is a really great school and I am proud to be part of it! I have met some new people that I will treasure forever in my life and so have the kids:)

mallory said...

Maddox-You look cute and ornery as ever.
Gavin-You always look so happy about life. Teach me.
Looks like they were excited.
I started today and I waited until the absolute last minute until I had to get up and got to school right when the bell rang! :)
Love you all!

jodi said...

I too can not say enough - I LOVE ST. JOE. I love the church, the school, the teachers, the staff, and all of our friends. It is so comforting to BELONG somewhere. My family is truely blessed ~

grandma k said...

By your smiles I can tell you two will have a fun year.

Kelly R said...

I think Maddox just needs to stay with his Aunt Kelly again. That got him up bright and early!! Hope the boys are enjoying their days!! Enjoy your time off until your work days begin!!