Friday, August 7, 2009

Family Tradition...

If you're a part of my family this will bring back soooo many memories...

We went back to John and Becky's this evening to help/watch them butcher chickens for a while. They tell me this is the last time...I wanted to make sure the boys could experience it. Gavin got right in there...Maddox liked to watch...and touch the gizzards, hearts, and livers. Nice, huh!

Gavin was the "catcher"...this one must've been a wild one. The look on his face says he's terrified...he wasn't!








Gavin and Grandma plucking feathers...great fun! Why is it that her hands are always on someone else's chicken? Hmmm...what's that remind you of!


Gavin's facial expressions are cracking me up! Thanks for letting us come over and help out...Gavin was super proud of the chicken that we got to bring home!

3 comments:

Kocher Family said...

I remember those days! Fun times!

Cindy B said...

I dont miss these days!! We dont do this anymore either!!! I love the facial expressions that Gavin is making also!!! I can tell he is such a good helper!!!! My favorite part of cleaning chickens is cleaning the gizzards!!! Have a good weekend!!

Lori said...

Brings back memories of my childhood when MY Grandpa Kocher would do mass butchering. Great memories for the boys!