Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fall Festival Parade

My Dad drove one of his antique tractors in the parade this year and his grandkids wanted to walk/ride with him. Gavin was the most excited about it...he told me that morning that this was the most exciting day of his life! He really wanted to throw candy...and I guess he threw some that he had gathered as he was waiting to start the parade route. I guess we need to work on tossing it to the edge of the street rather than throwing directly at the parade-goers! We didn't know if Maddox would make it to the end...he did...and was still raring to go!

Taylor and Kiley


The crew


On the parade route...toward the end. I hardly had enough time to get a photo. They were moving pretty quick at this point.


Gavin hauling his wagon...and tunes...International Harvester...which we couldn't hear as they passed us. It was a last minute type of thing...ah well!

Rhett trying out his tractor...looks like his legs are getting a tad too long!

The crew...they made it!

4 comments:

Kocher Family said...

Love the pictures! I bet they had a blast! Did you walk too?

DeAnn said...

They did...I didn't walk, but watched with Mom. Elaine and Cindy walked on the sidewalk along with them.

grandma k said...

Gavin told me he was going to ride with his tractor every year forever.His legs better not grow. He'll just have to graduate into a real tractor. I bet he'll able to do it. They were cute. And Maddox had no problem whatsoever. So cute!!!

Bren said...

Awesome!!!