Thursday, September 25, 2008

What a day!

I'm back! I took a brief vacation from the blogging world this last week. We've been on the go all week, plus I have not felt the greatest due to a cold/respiratory infection that I've been fighting lately. I finally went to the doctor yesterday, so hopefully I'll be back to 100% soon. Sorry, if I've left you a little disappointed! I've actually been going to bed early...and the fact that I tried posting these photos and video the day after my birthday and managed to lose it all didn't help either.

I owe EVERYONE a huge THANK YOU for making my birthday a memorable one. It was definitely a sweet surprise to have Larry make a surprise post on the blog. I didn't realize he knew how to! He's right, I would not have put it on otherwise. I'm not one to draw attention to myself often.


I loved the phone calls, emails, blog comments, and just birthday wishes in general! I'm lucky to have you all! It was the little things that made it an extraordinary day.

We decided to stay in for supper. Keep in mind that I couldn't taste or smell anything anyway and STILL can't at this point. Larry and Maddox picked me up a little cake while they were buying steaks. You have to love their princess-y decorations.

Me and My Boys!

I even got a little birthday dance...and I do know that most parents probably don't let their kids dance on the table, but it WAS a special occasion! He only stepped on the cake once...no big deal! Note: Maddox decided to wear pj's that night. He doesn't usually. His shirt is backwards and he matched it with Elmo pants.


Thanks again to ALL who made my birthday such a great one... especially you, Larry!

I love the sh*t out of all of you too!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Great dancing Maddox. DeAnn I am glad you are starting to feel like you old self again!

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back! I was missing your blog.