Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Good News!

Mom and I weighed in tonight...and stayed for the meeting. You'll have to ask her what all we learned about. I guess you can learn more, and faster, if you close your eyes and "pretend" you're sleeping. She must've been soaking it all in.

Anyway, WE LOST! After a week including Girls Night Out, Monster Jam, and eating at The Dorn's (Debbie is the best cook, by the way) I am very proud to say that I lost

2.8 lbs
Mom was down too!
2 lbs.
It's amazing how just knowing that everyone is rooting for us has kept us on track. In the past year or so, we've had good weeks like this...and then we have lost it...our control, that is. This time we need to keep it up for the long haul.
I'm anxious to hear how my girlfriends have done...all those who said they were in. Please report! At this point larry is thinking about reporting his losses, but right now he says he would rather I showed pictures of his butt. He is proud of that thing! I have already assured him people would rather see his losses than his rear.
Oh, and I'm working on placing a weight loss ticker on the right hand side of my blog to track my losses. Until next week!

16 comments:

Megan said...

way to go DeAnn and mom! Yes Larry your pictures of your butt are very entertaining! DeAnn did I spell that right? I will see you at the gym tomorrow. Keep it up!

DeAnn said...

Yes, you spelled it correctly...so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

I knew you girls could do it!!! I am excited for ya!!! I am happy to say that I also lost 2.8lbs!!! We all did something right this past week!!! Good Job Girls!! Keep up the good work!!!

Kocher Family said...

Way to go DeAnn and Jeanette! Well I got on the scales this morning for the first time. And I am proud to say that I am exactly the weight I was 2 years ago when I lost my weight. (NOT expecting that) But I have been running 30 min a day for the last 2 weeks. AND last night I did work out to a tape for 20 min. So why do I look like I put on 10 pounds? I just need to keep running and working out to tone up, I quess!

Lori said...

Well, I guess the weekend has caught up with me. I gained 1.4 pounds! lol I'm going the wrong way! Guess I better dust off the ole glider!

Anonymous said...

Great job girls! I knew I would hear a good report! We are proud of you!

jodi said...

ok - didn't work out this weekend, but Avery had the stomach flu....uugghh the things Mom's have to clean up. Needless to say I lost a little after that LOL

BGndr said...

Way to go! You'll lose even quicker now that you've joined the challenge at the gym!

Amanda M said...

Way to go. Keep up the good work. It will all be worth it.

DeAnn said...

Thanks...to everyone! Looks like there are many others joining me in this journey too! Let's do it!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Jerome wasn't sitting beside me, because he is always punching me in church even tho I am really not sleeping. Just nodding. And also since our meetings are in the church part of the building those pews remind me to meditate.Also I have been up late for two nights in a row. Thanks girls for commenting. I'm going to have to work hard to keep up with all you girls. But I'm going to hang in there. Thanks again.

Mrs. Seals said...

I've lost a few pounds as well. I have been hitting the gym pretty hard lately. I really notice that my pants are more loose now.

Christina said...

You go girl! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed you at the meeting. I went to the noon meeting instead. I was a little worried about weighing in because I went out to eat Friday night and had several drinks and then Saturday night we had Joes(mushroom and green olive instead of meat). Then my mom had me over Sunday for Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes, noodles. Needless to say I am glad I didn't eat anymore chicken. I lost .6. Not much but I lost 4.6 the week before. I hope to see you at next weeks meeting. Emily

Anonymous said...

Way to go DeAnn and Mom!!! And everyone else!!!! What a great support team you have. It looks like you are off to a good start. I am glad to see so much support. I forgot to weigh in on Wednesday and am off today, so I'll keep you posted on Friday. I hope if I am posting it will make me be accountable and keep me on track.

Anonymous said...

I am off to a slow start....I only lost .6 of a pound. But hey any loss is still a loss. Keep up the good work....I know you can do it. And just think how much fun we will have looking for a swim suit this summer. :)