Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mama, When can I have a wife?

Today after I finished reading stories to Maddox before his nap, we were talking as we always do. Today he popped a question I hadn't heard before. He put his hands on my cheeks and said "Mama, when can I have a wife?"

Me: Well, you can have a wife when you finish going to high school and college and you find someone you love a big bunch.

Maddox: Like Justin.???

Me: Yes... Justin's finished with high school and college. Who would you like to marry? (He's thinking) Who is someone you love enough to marry, MAYBE ME??

Maddox: No, I want to marry Patton. He's my buddy and I love him!

I thought it was cute...who knows what the future holds!

3 comments:

Amanda M said...

How sweet is that. I love the innocence of children. It really makes you stop to think about things!

Anonymous said...

aww.thats so cute!
gavin is sitting here reading this again w/ me.
he told me i must go read it for myself when grandma kocher was telling me about it.lol

Anonymous said...

when Granpa Kochers grandchildren start marrying like that, I hope it doesn't happen while he is still alive. Heaven forbid!