Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Motivation

Does anybody have any to send this way?

Actually, I went to Weight Watchers tonight...and actually stayed for the meeting. I am ready, motivated, and probably crazy for posting this on my blog. However, I figure what the hell...it can't hurt anything. I'm sure that people realize that I've gained lots of weight over the last couple years, so there's really nothing to hide.

After I had Maddox in April of 05 I lost 57 lbs. It took a year or so, but hey, I lost. I felt great. I liked to shop and try clothes on...because they fit for once without being "granny" style. I was 10 lbs, yes 10 lbs. from my "goal" and I lost it, I lost my motivation. I had gall bladder surgery in November of 06 (minor surgery...got me away from my exercise routine for a while though) and from there it was downhill. Slow, at first, and then well, not so slow. After weighing in tonight I am very ashamed to say that I have gained ALL but one measly pound back. For the past couple of years I will do good for a week or two, tops. Then, I blow it. I just don't care. Well, didn't.

SO, here's the scoop...I'm going to fill all of you in on my weight losses and probably a gain or two along the way. I know there are people who read my blog who probably have no business knowing my weight loss info. but they probably really don't need to see my kids and their rears either. I think I will feel more accountable..since I know a lot of people are reading. I wouldn't want to let a lot of people think I'm a failure at this weight loss thing. The thing is...if it doesn't work out then it's ok. Life will go on as it has the past couple years.

I also have someone else who wants to do this with me...my Mom...she's been in this with me from the get-go. She's lost a lot too...and gained some (not nearly as much as me). What have we got to lose?

Please, please...feel free to motivate us! We're going to need it!

16 comments:

amberlindemann said...

I'm in....what day are we posting progress?

DeAnn said...

Tuesday is the day...anyone else want to join in...feel free!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! If you find that bucket of motivation, you might want to direct it my way too! Best of luck!

Lori said...

Nothing like laying it out on the table, huh? Brave! I'll volunteer to watch the boys for you if you want to take a walk or something. I think everyone could stand to lose a few pounds - we all let it slide.

Kelly R said...

I am thinking that because my babysitter is only a few blocks from you and my husband now works the late shift what better motivation than to have a partner to walk with and a stroller to push!! A good one I must say from some special girls in my life!! I hope you are ready for daily exercise visits! However, always remember no matter what weight you are, we love you more than anything!! You have a huge heart and reach out in every way to help others! I am excited about your challenge and want to challenge you and my brother again to walk or even run with me in the Nick's Race in June!! Let's do it girl!

Mrs. Seals said...

I'm in the same boat with you. I have been working out at the gym several times a week. I can actually jog a mile with no problem again. Working out will give you energy and make you feel so much better, after the soreness wears off from shocking your body.Congratulations! YOU CAN DO IT! I'm a pro if you need a cheerleader.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be great if we could get more to join us? Girls and guys, don't be afraid to sign up.We need all the encouragement we can get.This blog is read by many as I hear their comments about DeAnn's blog.They say they love it.She does a good job. Let's don't let her down. All of you silent readers that never comment,please start commentng. you may hit the wrong key, but that is o.k. Ha!

Jenny said...

Silent reader here...Jenny (Ochs) Wilke. I'm hear to motivate and to be motivated. I love reading your blog DeAnn...makes me feel closer to home I guess just because I get that same friendly feel from your blog as I do when I run into you in person on the very rare occasion :) I wish you luck and I'm impressed by your brave go getter attitude!

Bren said...

Wow, way to go DeAnn. Well I'm in....I don't expect much with the PCOS standing in my way, but I guess even if I just feel better it would be worth it!!! Go team, we can do it!!!

Kocher Family said...

I'm in too DeAnn! I let mine slip this past year too! I started running again this week. 30 min a day! Let's do it!

hncfarley said...

Wow Deann, you have tons of support. I agree with Kelly, set an exercise goal, I think that is the best way to stay with it. Sign up for a run/walk. And meet people to walk. I found that if someone is waiting for you, you can't make excuses! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Way to go DeAnn!!! I'm in! I will post my progress on Thursday. We are still posting at work and it has been helpful to maintain over the holidays. Now it is time to get back in gear. I just heard today that scheduling a specific time in your day for exercise can be helpful. I think I need to try that. I AM PROUD OF YOU AND KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!

Lori said...

I'd say the motivation is pouring in! You may regret that you asked for support! As with the several comments before mine ... I'm proud of you too. You can do this. Just keep reminding yourself why.

Megan said...

Hey DeAnn you got it in the bag! Now you can do this and it is a big deal. You will feel better and in the long run it will be the best for you and your family. Just like Kelly said we all love you know matter what you do or how you look. I can honsetly say I am not an observant person, but I will give you all the push you need. Just tell me to shut up when you are sick of it. love you long time

Anonymous said...

I was just trying to figure out where would be a good place for us to meet on a regular basis to exercise so I can join the group?? Looks like you have a lot of support!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Deann , i will be following your progress it all sounds like good fun , im happy to be your motivational and inspirational guide , or just someone to moan to as you go along, you can do it , you have taken the first and most important positive step, good luck .e coaching is important and you can get loads of free stuff from my blog as you go on.
INVESTINMENETWORK