Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Shocked and blown away!

I went to weigh in last night...expecting the worst, and here is why: 2 nights of actually eating meals at home. I had something going on every single day except for 2 last week. Each of those nights involved me eating a meal that I had no clue how to figure points for, etc. On Sunday, we went to St. Louis. That included a meal at Hooter's and at the Melting Pot (just 2 days before weigh-in) I had already accepted the fact that I would probably gain and crossed my fingers in hopes of possibly just staying the same weight. I was shocked when I was down 1.6 lbs. Now, I realize that these things have a way of catching up to me. I am off to a good start, except for the Easter candy that is already rolling into my house on what seems to be a daily basis. I seem to like it a lot more than the boys do. My goal is to lose 4.4 lbs. which would put me at -20lbs. 4 weeks from today. I know that doesn't seem like very much, but at my pace I'm thinking I need to set some sort of goal here that has a "time limit".

Mom called just a while ago and she hadn't weighed for 2 weeks. She was down too...also 1.6 lbs. She says her scale at home was telling her she was down more than that, but it's bound to show up next week. We just focus so much on our weekly weight loss that we sometimes forget what we've done so far. That's what really matters. Keep up the good work Mom, one of these days/months we'll get our 20 lb. party!

By the way, thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes for Larry...he liked them!

6 comments:

malloryy said...

congrats girls! (:
love you both.

cindy said...

Great Job Mom and DeAnn!!! You both impress me with your motivation. Keep up the good work. I feel a party coming on!!

cab said...

Proud of both of you this week. Remember Easter and all the candy tho.as you will have to do extra exercise etc. Know you can both do good next week also. Focus on the goal. Luv ya both

grandma k said...

I did our math, so we know our mission. In 4 weeks it will be May 5th.
DeAnn- May 5th 1.10 lbs.per week.
Mom -- May 5th 1.55 lbs per week.
Steve may have to fatten up that pig before long.He has his taters planted already.So he will be set to go.

Cindy B said...

Congrats DeAnn!!! I am so proud of you!! Keep up the good work!!! Remember that its ok to eat some of that Easter candy this weekend!!! I gain .4 this week....hopefully next week that will be a loss! Keep it up girls!! Proud of ya!!!

LoriS said...

So, I've been blog stalking you so far through this weight loss journey of yours, and I just can't take it anymore! You've inspired me to join along. Plus the people on "The Biggest Loser" are getting down to about my size so it's time to do something. I bought some weight watchers books on E-bay and decided to start counting points on my own. I'll keep you posted.
Lori S.