Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I can ride my bike...

WITH NO TRAINING WHEELS...NO TRAINING WHEELS!

This afternoon we played outside once Gavin got home from school. Maddox pulled out Gavin's good ole Tonka bike and asked me to push him. He took right off...I was so proud of him! We had planned on taking his training wheels off once we started playing outside regularly again anyway, but I wasn't expecting him to do it today. It was getting to the point that he really wasn't using his training wheels anyway, except when he turned. They were so bent out of shape that it was ridiculous. However, they were there when he needed them.

He only had one big fall, and it was one with only a few tears. It also included a ramp. I know, a ramp already! He just didn't quite have his speed up and did this slow motion move off the top of it. He did cry, but got right up and took off again with the ramp put away for now.

I have it all on video...we were watching it after Larry got home from work in even slower motion. Too funny! The funniest thing is that as he was headed toward the ramp if you turned the volume up you could hear him saying "Come to papa!"

Can't wait for it to warm up some more so we can take some bike rides around the neighborhood.

Here's some footage of my big boy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maddox, your such a big boy!
better come up sometime and show me your bikin skills!
love ya