Tuesday, March 3, 2009

One gain, One loss

Let's see...can you guess who's up and who's down this week? You really just never know, do you?

This week I am down... 2 lbs. My total 11.8 lbs.

Mom was up.... .6 lbs. Mom's total 6.4 lbs.

As I told Mom earlier today when she called to give me her news. I think that we're doing pretty good at keeping our gains to minimal amounts. We were laughing because we've both had gains that were her number minus the decimal point. So, I'd say we have a lot to be proud of in that aspect. Did you know it was possible to gain that much in one, maybe two weeks? It is...we know from experience. Of course we couldn't have possibly been trying very hard to lose at that point in time, but it does happen! It's a good thing Dad doesn't read blogs, right Mom! Then your secret would be out.

(if anyone has any good, healthy ideas as far as recipes for lent, please share) I'm not a fan of fish, unless it is fried! That's not really an every Friday option for me these days. I can handle tilapia...tuna...even if it's a recipe that I can adjust a little here and there that'd be great. If you have any favorites to share...please do!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

girls, today would be one day I could've lied pretty easy. But I didn't or won't. DeAnn and I need ALL that read this blog to chime in, because we know there are a LOT of lookers and no responsers. We know some of you.Please get into the circle. If Steve can do it you can do it too.Really! We would really appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Good job girls! I dont know any good recipes for fish just fried. The K of C sures does have good fish on Fridays. I'm down another 2lbs. a total of 9.4. Yeh!! Good Luck this week.

Lori said...

We like the talapia. Some nights we make individual "fish boats". I use a separate piece of foil for each piece. We all put on our own spices and wrap them up. The kids dig it. And I get to eat onions!

Sometimes I make "tuna patties" instead of "salmon patties".

By the way...good thing you didn't eat that pizza Sunday. Your loss may not be as much. Keep up the good work!

Kelly R said...

Good job DeAnn. I am right there with you on the whole fish thing!! I am proud of your will power last Sunday!! I ate that footlong sandwich and the pizza!! I have no will power and am in desparate need of warm weather to go outside!!!

Kocher Family said...

Good job DeAnn! I have a recipe for you!

Bunsteads

1 can of Tuna in water
6 hard boiled eggs
3/4 or 1 cup of Light Mircle Whip
1 T. pickle relish

chop the eggs up into small pieces add all ingredients and mix. Spoon into hot dog buns (or Wheat Bread, which is better for you) add a small slender slice of cheese on top and place in oven until hot and cheese is melted. (go without cheese for lower points). We love it. Kind of like egg salad, I guess. I ate two (with wheat bread) last friday and was satisfied. Hope you like it!

Megan said...

Way to go you two. Even though you gained a small amout grandma K you still have lost 6lbs so good job to the both of you. It sure is easier and more fun to put it on than it is to take it off:)
Keep it up gals.

Anonymous said...

Good Job DeAnn!! You are doing a super job!!! I am so proud of you!!! Keep up the good work! You have such a positive attitude!!

Anonymous said...

Hey about meatless veg soup or other meatless soups. I like fish but I broil most of mine with seasonings.Eat more fruit and puddings on this day. Keep up the good work,but watch out Hare the Turtle may pass by you next week. You both can do it.