Friday, November 7, 2008

Merry Christmas to me!

About a week and a half ago, I had gone over to Megan's house to video a project for Megan's daughter Payton and her friends. I then brought Payton over to my house to edit the video. When I got home Larry was on the phone with Kelly and so Payton and I headed back to the computer to get started. As I mentioned before, I check my email often, and I hadn't for at least 3 hours, so it was about time. I had two emails from Dell. I opened one of them and realized that someone had ordered me a new laptop...I was shocked! I told Payton not to tell larry that I saw the email and we'd go from there. I didn't open the second email from them. I wished I hadn't opened the first one, but I was curious!

After Larry was done helping Payton edit her video then he must've checked our email too and saw that there were two messages from Dell and that one of them had been opened. He came out into the kitchen and told me I was an "ass". I told him I didn't know why he was calling me that, especially since I hadn't done anything. However, we all know I am a terrible liar. He knew that I knew! I couldn't help but smile. He was trying to surprise me, but it didn't all work as planned. I guess I came home sooner than he thought!

I guess he used our debit card to order and the price of the computer was higher than our limit on the debit card. That's what the two emails were about. He told me later that he was going to call and order it in the morning. He called from work the next day saying that if I wanted a computer that we'd be getting it elsewhere...that he had spent forever on the phone talking to people that couldn't understand him and vice versa. He had been transferred numerous times and had to explain over and over what the problem was. He wasn't happy at all with their customer service etc. etc.

However, Wednesday I received yet another email saying that my order had shipped. Too funny! I called him and reluctantly told him about my new email. He was ticked, because he had cancelled the order and now they were sending him a computer that he didn't want. Lies, Lies, terrible lies! Anyway, he told me when he got home that I was an ass again and that I was indeed getting a new computer. I guess he never had trouble with the customer service and that he had called to change the email address so that I wouldn't get any more notices. He thought he had it all taken care of. He told me because he was tired of trying to hide it!

Today is my first day of trying it out...you know I had to try it out and make sure it was working properly. I love it! Thanks Larry...I'm a little bit sorry that I found out about it, but just a little. Also, thanks to Larry's family who tried to help him keep it a secret too!

6 comments:

Lori said...

That's probably about how it would go with Lee trying to surprise me. Not that that ever happens though! Perfect song to go along with the post. I'm jealous of the laptop! Great gift Larry!

Megan said...

very exciting! what a good man. Payton came home that night and told me all about it. She was just laughing. Brad and I too found this whole thing pretty funny. Larry you had us going in Pizza Hut before you told us the truth.

DeAnn said...

I'm not too hard to fool...very, very gullable!

Mrs. Seals said...

Don't you just love presents that come early! I think the guys let us get our presents early so we will get them more for Christmas. Or at least let them buy whatever they want for Christmas. I had to get an external modem for my laptop since we still have dial-up service here at the house. Now I can finally hook up & enjoy! Enjoy yours!

Anonymous said...

that laptop is amazing!!! i'm very jealous. since you guys didn't help any with talking my parents into the spring break situation, i think you should talk them into getting me a laptop =] i've been begging for one forever. it's the least you could do =] haha. love you!

DeAnn said...

Tay...we'll see what we can do!

I guess we're going to have to try to earn our "cool" aunt and uncle status back, huh?

Isn't Cindy your Godmother? She's probably looking for ideas for you for Christmas. Maddox told me the other night that Cindy must have lots of dollars because she has a light in her shower. You see when you have shattered glass in your jammies and hair you get to see those fancy lights. My point is that she surely has enough dollars for a laptop if she has one of those. Don't you think so.