Sunday, February 22, 2009

Gavin's Birthday!

Gavin woke up bright and early for his birthday breakfast. Breakfast usually consists of cereal, oatmeal, or the ever so famous pop tart. However, I told Gavin he could have whatever he wanted for breakfast the night before. All he wanted was mac and cheese. We threw in some bacon too.
We ate at DQ with Grandma and Grandpa Dorn and Kelly, Jeremy, and Mallory and finished off with some cake - it seems to be a birthday tradition with us.
Gavin trying out his new guitar...A guy that Larry works with has a son that plays guitar and a couple years ago was selling his old one, so we bought it and put it up in the attic thinking that someday we'd get it down and give it to him. He's really proud of it...and plays it every day. Did I mention that we did get an amp for it. I'm thinking LESSONS sound like a great idea at this point. If you know of anyone around here that gives lessons, let me know. Maddox with his rock band guitar and Gavin with his

Gavin had a great birthday this year. Here's how I know. When I tucked him in bed that night he said these words after I asked him if he had a good birthday. "Mom, I'm the happiest birthday boy ever!" I still smile just thinking about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really believe he was the happiest birthday boy ever and he should be with all that he did on hs special day. Would be nice if his life was all that perfect. But I doubt if that will happen. We love you, Gavin.

Lori said...

How sweet. Glad he had a good day!

Anonymous said...

nice guitar !!!!:)