Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Party time!

Actually, I just got home from weighing in and I was so excited I had to post immediately. I needed this so badly!!! I was down 3.6 lbs. It seems I have been moving at a snail's pace here lately. This is just what I needed to hear. My scales at home wasn't showing anything good...so I was shocked!

Mom called me earlier and she weighed in at Noon today. She was up .2 lbs. It seems that we simply switched places from last week. Hang in there Mom, I did and it showed up this week. It's crazy how so many things can effect our weigh-ins and we get so worked up over one number. I do too, just don't let it get to you.

Our totals: ME 10.2 lbs.
MOM 7.0 lbs.

Party time!
Anyone want to help us celebrate?? I mentioned a Party earlier...Here's the scoop. My sister, Cindy, asked me if it'd be ok to celebrate somehow once both my Mom and I reach our "first" 20 lb. goal. Of course we were all for that...definitely gives us something to look forward to. I'm not sure what it's going to consist of. It'll probably be at my house or Cindy's. Maybe some wine, snacks (healthy ones) and who knows what else. Those details haven't been decided yet. We have a little time. Although I am halfway there and Mom is close to the halfway point. There are a lot of you that have been very supportive of us, whether it's through leaving comments, emailing, encouraging words, etc. Everyone is welcome, just let me know if you want to help us to celebrate. You can leave a comment letting me know, or email me at ldgdorn@hotmail.com

Until next week!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job!!!!

Kelly R said...

Awesome job! I thought you looked like you were down from the last time I saw you. It had been a few days!!

Megan said...

Keep it up guys! Even though you gained a tiny bit it is no big deal, there is always next week! DeAnn see what no late night pizza will get you! Oh well It was worth it:) Good job! Party I am always up for a party! Oh and the motivater that I am Payton and I finally made it to the gym.
KEEP IT UP YOU TWO!

Anonymous said...

good thing I blew my horn last week. It won't happen very often. Here you are giving me a challenge this next week. I was really good this past week. Maybe I'll get with it this week. Keep up the good works DeAnn

Kocher Family said...

Way to go DeAnn! So proud of you. I'm standing still with my weight. I am having trouble sticking to it. (The Pregnant girl at work throws me off still) I just don't have my willpower like I did last time. I'll help you party. We all deserve it. Trying to stay healthy is hard work! Good Luck and keep it up! I'll call you tomorrow about hair cuts!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!! I'm on restriction for 2-3 more weeks, but soon I hope to be joining the loser group : )
I'm so proud of your motivation, it's so hard with so many temptations around!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job to the both of you!! I am so proud of you!! Of course I will help you party!!! That sounds like a good ol girls night!!!! I was up 1 pound tonight....i will make that change next week!!!! Keep up the good work!!! I am proud of you!!!!

Anonymous said...

DeAnn,i told u that u wuld kick butt this week! (: grandma, that means u have to lose even more than u did last time! (:
LOVE YOU BOTH! <3

Aubrey said...

Way to Go!! I know it is hard....I think I just have had some luck when I weighed in...like as in the scales must have felt bad for me. I will probably have an off week next, but those come and look at how well you did after an off week. You deserve a party after 10 more pounds!!

Lori said...

AWESOME! 10 lbs! Way to go! I keep bouncing back and forth with a few pounds. I'm using the weather as my excuse. LOL I did lose almost 2 this week though.

Party? When and where? LOL

You should be SO proud of yourself!

Sara B. said...

I am always up for a party!!!

Anonymous said...

Good job Deann!! That is great! I am down 6.2 lbs. on week 3. There is a group of girls that are doing a weight loss challange. It has been alot of fun. Just wish it would come off quicker. Dont give up Jeanette.

Anonymous said...

hey i just seen the 20lb party!sounds good,i'll barbecue a hog, meat and taters.ummmmmmmmmmmmmm! sounds good. can't wait. hurry up.lol :)..good job!

Anonymous said...

Girls, look who came on board. For at least the next six weeks, we'll have a good supporter. He'll keep us on track. Hope you are all in for a interesting journey.

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve! It sounds like we are going to have one h*** of a party. I can't wait! AND I am looking forward to your comments for the next six weeks. Way to support the team!

Hope you are feeling ok.