Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Today's Weigh-In

Are you anxious to hear how I did? You should be...I was down...I made it...to my goal...FINALLY! My 1st goal, that is! I have a LONG way to go, but breaking it up seems to help me out. Although it took me longer to do this than I thought, that's ok. At least I am not where I started.

I was down 2.2 lbs. making my total 20.4 lbs. Now if we can just keep Mom motivated we'll be good to go.

She lost this week also, .4 lbs. for a total of 14.6 lbs. She did MUCH better with her exercising this week and drank her water...maybe she didn't eat enough! Next week write down what you eat, every little bite and make sure you don't starve your body. I know that I don't usually have that problem, but some do. It is so frustrating when it moves so slow...I know it is, but one of these weeks when you least expect it you'll have a big loss. So, keep trying Mom...it seems that you're the one we've all got our eyes on now, waiting for a big PARTY! No pressure at all!

I also did NOT run the 5K last weekend like I had planned. I didn't realize that Gavin had his opening ceremony for T-ball and his first game for the year. I hated to miss out on all of that when Larry had to work also. I have been running though. Today I ran for 20 minutes straight without stopping, walked 3, then ran 7 more... some may be rolling their eyes. I remember when I first started I would run a minute, walk one, run one, walk one, and I thought I was going to die! So the 20 was a big deal to me. IF I CAN DO IT, ANYONE CAN!

10 comments:

Kocher Family said...

Congrats DeAnn! I need to learn from you and start running again! Come on Jeanette you can do it!

Nancy L. said...

Good Job Deann! Glad you meet your goal. I am slacking.

cindy said...

WAY TO GO DEANN!!!! I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work.

Hang in there Mom....I know you can do it. You are almost there. Just think about the party. I know how much you like parties. :)

Betsy R said...

Way to go.

grandma k said...

So glad DeAnn met her goal. As for me,I'm not too thrilled. I rode my bike 30 miles this past week. I decided I would try a new eating style for a week.
Get up and have a Snicker and Coke.
Midmorning Bacon, eggs and lots of jelly
Noon: Pizza,chips and more coke (Not Diet)
Mid afternoon-Cocoanut Pie
Supper-Fried Chicken and all the trimmings.
Night snack- Movie style popcorn
and coke (not Diet). Check the blog next week!!!!!

Cindy B said...

AWESOME JOB DEANN!!! I am proud of you!!! YOu are doing a super job!! Keep it up! Iam proud of you with all the running and exercising you are doing! That helps out so much!! You are doing great!! I was not able to make Weight Watchers this eve....had a school related function I had to attend. Great Job Deann!! I am proud of you and your mom!

Amanda Baltzell said...

Way to go DeAnn, We need to go out! That is great. I will just keep gaining what you loose for a reason though! Great Job DeAnn

Lori said...

Gma K you crack me up! Sounds like I need to spend the day with you for some good eat'n! lol

DeAnn ... YOU ROCK! That is so awesome that you have reached your goal! WOOO HOOOO! What an accomplishment! You should be fired up and ready for your next goal, no problem!

cab said...

CONGRATULATIONS BOTH OF YOU. DEANN FOR REACHING HER GOAL AND JEANETTE FOR ANOTHER LOSS. JEANETTE DON'T
LET THE PRESSURE GET TO YOU BECAUSE I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT AND YOU HAVE DONE WELL. THAT MENU YOU HAVE FOR THE WEEK LOOKS MIGHTY GOOD ,MIGHT WANT TO JOIN YOU.

Sarah D said...

Congrats!!

I am very impressed with the running! 20 minutes? WOW!! I doubt I could go 2 minutes.