Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 3 - We made it!

We're here...and completely enjoying it! I hear it is rainy and warm back home. I'm not sure what today's high was. It was 65 when we arrived and it warmed up as time went on. The nights are definitely chilly here, but it is so nice. No humidity...love it!

We slept in a tad this morning and didn't leave the hotel until 8 am. We arrived in Evanston around 12:30 pm making one stop along the way. The boys slept the last hour of the drive...talked them into taking a nap so we could take a shortcut. Gavin knew better, but he fell asleep anyway.

I'm not able to load my photos tonight...bummer, I know. We've been busy...doing nothing. The boys are enjoying Aunt Vicki's 2 dogs. Rica, the German Shepard loves to play Frisbee...all day. We have been discussing going to Jackson Hole...or going to Park City...can't decide. We took a walk to the school nearby to play some baseball and found a really cool skate park there to play on too. Wish I had my photos to show that part. Aunt Vicki surprised Gavin with a "real" dirtbike and he has been smiling from ear to ear all night. We had a bbq tonight with some of her friends, coworkers, and neighbors...Vicki had all sorts of delicious food made up. Wish I could cook like that! The boys took a bath in the whirlpool...lots of bubbles...lots of fun for them. It was the first real bath they had since we left. The last two nights I told them their swim in the pool counted since we were on vacation. I'm sure I'm leaving out plenty, but we're definitely enjoying our time in Evanston so far. The only thing we have planned for tomorrow at this point is sleeping in as long as the boys will let us and going to some friends of Vicki's...the ones she bought the dirtbike off of...to let Gavin ride. They have a track in their backyard, so it ought to be interesting. He already dumped it on it's side in the driveway. He didn't realize how heavy it was and was used to his battery operated one. He leaned over and down he and the bike went.

I better get to bed...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like a fun, relaxing time!

jodi said...

Glad you made it sake and that you're all having a good time!

mallory(: said...

wow, a REAL one?!
sounds fun!