Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 8 - Lazy Day

Today has been a lazy day all in all. We slept in until 9:20am and it was raining. It did clear up after an hour or so. I went for a walk/run while Larry played pool with the boys. I'm not doing so hot...no way I'm going to be meeting that goal I thought I could meet before leaving. I don't know what I was thinking. Aunt Vicki and Kim are awesome cooks...and let's just say we've been enjoying it! Larry took the boys to the skate park again this morning to ride their scooters. They needed to get outside badly! We just messed around here until about 2:30 and then Vicki took us up to her cabin in Utah...it was about a 45 minute drive. We cooked hot dogs over the fire pit and had a little snack out there. Larry and I couldn't believe how much the area around the cabin has changed due to pine beetles attacking the pine trees around here. Vicki had to cut down a LOT of her trees that had been damaged by them. Crazy. We drove up to the top of the mountain to check it out. We think we could handle having a cabin like that. It did start raining a little so we played Go Fish in the cabin until the rain stopped. It didn't last long and then we were back on the road. Her cabin is just down the road from Wasatch National Forest...beautiful...there aren't words to describe it. We could drive up and down that mountainous area all day long and never get tired of it. The temp. dropped about 10 degrees by the time we made it to the top. It was about 45 degrees up there...snow still on the ground in a lot of places. The boys played in the snow a little and then we headed back down the mountain. We saw a moose...it was lying along the road. Someone had taken it's antlers...kind of sad! We took the scenic route home. It was like driving out in the country near Mom and Dad's...only tons of cows...and we were along side a mountain like you see on television. There were even 4 cows in the road checking us out. They sort of run wild around here.
We headed home for supper that Kim had prepared...ribeye, baked potatoes, salad, and brownies...see what I mean! Larry and the boys are playing Wii as we speak...we're thinking it's going to be early to bed for them tonight...no naps today! I have no idea what's in store for tomorrow, but we're pretty sure that tomorrow will be our last full day in Wyoming. :( We're slowly getting closer to reality...not sure when we'll be home yet. The plan was to be back by Saturday morning so I could participate in Nick's Race. I have no business running a race...believe me...but if we're back in time...I'll try!

3 comments:

grandma k said...

Why would you want to come back to Il.? We really do miss you guys.Not the same around here. It feels like we are on the trip with you. You do a good job in blogging. Love you guys, Mom

Kocher Family said...

Am I going to have to run the nick's race by myself???? LOL I can do it!

mallory(: said...

im ready 4 u 2 come back!! its soo quiet here and BORING!! love u all