Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 5 - Headed to Jackson Hole

The decision was made...we headed to Jackson Hole this morning around 11:00. It was about a 3 1/2 hour drive. Totally worth it though. If we hadn't come this far we wouldn't have seen "real" mountains...we're loving it. It was raining most of the morning and on our drive here. Once we made it close to Jackson it cleared up and actually didn't appear to have even rained here at all. We saw people We're staying at The Snow King Resort. The resort itself has lots for the boys to do. We haven't really done any of it just yet. The boys are swimming as I type. We're sitting around a table with our cocktails...ahhhh!

When we arrived here this afternoon we downtown to eat a late lunch...since we had a late breakfast this morning. We went to a Ripley's Beleive it or Not museum...Larry has always wanted to go to one of those. The boys are officially cowboys now...they have their very own "big" buckled belts...Gavin's cracks me up. It is so not what I would want him to ever wear in public. It's ok though. He picked it out himself and he is so happy. Maddox got a belt and a cowboy hat. hH is now the sheriff of Jackson Hole, so he thinks. As we were walking back to the hotel...he was walking in people's yards...and when we asked him to stop he said it was ok because HE WAS THE SHERIFF!

We watched the Jackson Hole Western Shoot-out on the square and headed back to the hotel. The boys are swimming in the outdoor pool. It's chilly out here, but the pool is heated and they are having a ball. Still working on getting photos on here...I have soooo many I want to share, but it's just not working.

Good night!

4 comments:

cindy said...

Your vacation sounds great. I am so glad you are having a good time. I am soooo jealous. I think my "next" husband will be rich and like to travel. haha Just kidding! :) Mine thinks a vacation is sitting on the deck in the evening and going 4-wheeler riding with a cooler on the back. Not that I don't enjoy that too. I can't wait to see all of your pictures. Miss you guys!!!! Have Fun!

elaine said...

Thanks for the daily postings. I find myself anxious to check your blog each day to see what you guys are doing on vacation!! Almost makes me feel like I am with you ... then it is back to reality and I am still in Indiana :(

Can't wait to see ALL of the pictures. I have no doubt there are lots of good ones!!!

grandma k said...

I still think you need a Nanny to have gone along. But there is none around to fill the spot. Too Bad!!!!

mallory(: said...

wow, i wish i was having as much fun as you are..but no im in sticky, hot jasper county..
can't wait to see your pictures!
love you!