Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kindergarten...Here I Come!

As I write this post I can't help but feel a little anxious about sending Gavin off to school tomorrow. It's a big day for us. I've stayed at home with Gavin since we moved home and he was only 5 months old. I've always been told how they grow up so fast...and there is SO much truth to that. It'll be a LOT different without him around on a daily basis.


You know, the past week, well actually most of the summer, there have been MANY moments that I've secretly thought how nice and quiet it will be around here once he starts school. Gavin and Maddox are the best of friends. When they play and pretend they call each other "friend" instead of calling each other by name. On the other hand the two of them can tangle and bicker like no other...let's just say there is no softness to either of their voices. I'm sure that Maddox and I will find plenty of things to do and enjoy our one on one time. It will not be the same without Gavin around throughout the day.


Good luck Gavin on your first day of Kindergarten! We are very proud of all you've accomplished so far and the amazing boy you've turned out to be.


Ok, now I have just shed my first tear! I didn't think I would, but man this really puts things into perspective.

6 comments:

amberlindemann said...

I cried at registration, I cried yesterday when RJ told me he will miss me so much. I will cry and cry and cry on Tuesday. I am sure I will cry tomorrow after the open house.

I hope you handle it better than I am.

:)
-a

DeAnn said...

I did great today...not a tear was shed. However, there's a story behind that. I'll post about it later in the day.

Lori said...

What a sweet little guy! Cute pic. I didn't know your family then, but am very glad I do now. I am very pleased that Gavin and Rylin are in class together. Let's hope they'll be friends for life. This year will be wonderful!

Mrs. Seals said...

I wish I could be there when Alexis boards the school bus for the first time on Monday. She has been looking forward to this day for a long time. I will be welcoming my 19 students at that time. Dealing with 2 school districts will be interesting!

Anonymous said...

It makes me sad to think Gavin will think the Grandma hugs and kisses is for little boys. But I'll take them for as long as I can. Always think back when you were with us for five months. So many treasured memories.He is growing up too fast. Just so he is a happy boy, which I know he is.

Anonymous said...

okay DeAnn I just shed a few tears here for you. Friday is going to be awful for me, Patton will be in school all day!