Monday, August 25, 2008

Poor Gavin!

It's been a rough evening for Gavin...but look at him now, sleeping soundly. Look at him all scraped up from his bike wreck. That's not even the worst of it though. When I picked Gavin up from school today his teacher said that his mosquito bites had been bothering him today A LOT! Last night when I was putting him to bed I noticed a lot of mosquito bites behind his knees, around his waistline, etc. I didn't think a whole lot of it. We had been out at the lake Saturday night and figured that's what it was from. Poor kid, it makes me ache just thinking about it. I took him home from school and gave him a baking soda bath, some Benadryl and called the doc. Turns out that he is having an allergic reaction to his mosquito bites or possibly amoxycillin which he was on day 10 (last day) of taking due to having a tiny bit of fluid in his ear.




Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day! It appears that his medicine has already kicked in as the redness and puffiness is already going down.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a rough couple of days. Your tough though! Get to feeling better Gavin

jodi said...

Gavin! and I thought the band aid on the eye looked bad. Get well soon!

Sara B. said...

Poor Guy!!! He looks miserable! Hope he gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Gavin,I am so happy you always use your Grandma blankey when you don't feel good.It makes Grandma feel so good. You will get better real quick. I love you.

Lori said...

We may have to start calling you Dr. DeAnn or Nurse Dorn. Through all the flu, rashes, wrecks, golf clubs, black eyes and now allergic reactions ... you should know all about what to do when we are in need. I think I'll put you on speed dial. LOL