Thursday, August 14, 2008

Maddox The Pre-Schooler

Maddox and Gavin were both up bright and early again today. Thank goodness for early bedtimes during the school year. I had forgotten how much extra time that gives me to get stuff done (in other words...check email, post on my blog, etc.)

Gavin's giving the old thumbs up and Maddox must be #1, I'm not sure.
Maddox and his Diego backpack (Some of you might be interested in knowing that Gavin has already used it for 2 years.) It's the inner tightwaud coming out in me...I knew it was in there somewhere. Maddox shaking his booty one last time before we head off to school. He threw that one in there. He must know it makes me smile every time. I love his booty shakes.
Gavin wanted a picture in front of this black-eyed susan. He's quite the gardener. Plus he wanted a picture of his drum shirt. He's quite the little drummer these days.
Maddox wanted to play on the playground before school. He talked me into letting him go down one slide. Maddox with his "friends".
Maddox and Miss Jamie, his teacher. This is her first year at St. Joe as well.
I'm home alone and it is sooo quiet. Maddox is staying at school for lunch today. I let him decide if he wanted to or not. You know, all 3 year olds should have the opportunity to make their own decisions. He first asked if Gavin was staying for lunch today and said he wanted to eat with Gavin. He will see Gavin for a little while at least. That will be good for them both.
Maddox's first day has gone well so far. I assumed it would though. He's been ready for pre-school since last year when he always wanted to stay with Gavin. I had to pry him out of the room each and every day.



3 comments:

Lori said...

Isn't it funny how we talk about getting things done and then we sit here like addicts on the computer? I'm getting up - time to be productive!

P.S. Lee would be very proud of the inner tightwaud! Addisen is on her second year with Dora.

jodi said...

Ok - seriously - I have already aksed Lori....who's starting the carpool to drag my kid to school?
I hope tomorrow my blog has this great story of school like yours, but I have a feeling it won't!

Anonymous said...

You must have picked up being a tightwad from Larry. That sure isn't anything that came from your side of the family!!!! hahah