Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Carload of "FUN"!

On Sunday, we loaded up my parents "Grannie" car and headed to Indiana to see my sister and her family. "We" consisted of Me, Gavin, Maddox, Mom, Cindy (my sister), and Kiley (my niece). The reason for our trip: to go to Taylor and Jordan's (my nieces') volleyball game. It was Senior night...so it was Taylor's last home game. Oh, the memories that were made from the moment we got into the car Sunday morning...until we arrived back home Monday night around Midnight.

Kiley decided to ride in back...brave girl!

Cindy, Mom, and I in the front (Grannie cars hold 3 in the front)

Kiley sharing her ipod with Maddox

1 hr later.

Eating OUTSIDE at McDonalds just before arriving at the Marshall's. Great idea Gavin!

Jordan taking Maddox on a 4-wheeler ride.

Cindy and Kiley literally spent all day making these Super cool t-shirts for us all to wear at the game.

Taylor's boyfriend checking out her photo collage.

The pep squad! (Read the shirts if you can.) We WERE the hippest group there...no matter what Brent may think!



Celebrating Kiley's birthday a little early...Surprise!

Apparently it's not a good idea to shove your child's face in a cake at an early age...this is what happens every time there's a cake around. Although Larry and I aren't the ones who did the shoving...that would be Steve. Thanks! Apparently it's not as cute anymore...they get hollered at now.

Senior night...

The back of Gavin's shirt. Everyone's was similar...


Created by them...
Love the shirt Kiley...I still think Grandma's would've been equally as lovable...keep that in mind for Jordan's senior night.



I love you too!
Just wanted to let you know that the boys loved their shirts so much they wanted to wear them to school today so they could show their friends...does that make your day or what?
We had a good time...I was ready to leave the boys in Indiana last night (especially Maddox) during the volleyball game. I guess I have to realize that sitting in the bleachers for two hours is a long time for a 3 yr. old when there are so many things to check out and hang on, and stomp on etc, etc. I could go on for a while here. Taylor and Jordan both play Varsity so it was nice to see them get to play together. I'm pretty sure that they had the loudest fans in the gym! Thanks to everyone for a good time and helping me out with the boys. We had fun!
Oh, and I can't forget to add that we need to do it again soon. It seems that Larry was busy while we were gone and cleaned the boys' rooms. Toyboxes, closets...you name it. How many guys do you know that would do that? I didn't ask what he wants yet? I'm sure I'll find out soon.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a-lot of fun! Wow~I haven't seen Kiley in years...she has grown up from that tiny little girl I used to babysit. BEAUTIFUL!!! How old is she now?

DeAnn said...

She turns 20 this Friday! Crazy, isn't it?

Lori said...

What a great trip! For the girls and for you all. I bet you were an awesome pep squad! I don't know your relatives, but your post brought tears to my eyes. I think it's the family enteraction. My family is very close ... it shows that yours is, too.

Anonymous said...

thnaks DeAnn for the blog. Dad will see what he missed. I'm sure these pictures will be enough for him. Anyway, a great time to remember. The boys were full entertainment. Go Taylor Go! Honk! Honk!!!

Megan said...

It is hard telling what you will find in a boys closet!!

DeAnn said...

I forgot to mention the fact that Maddox was adding Honk! Honk! to the end of his cheers! He obviously doesn't make it to a lot of games.

Anonymous said...

DeAnn, Gavin, Maddox, Mom (Jeannette), Cindy and Kiley:
Just wanted to thank all of you for taking the time out of your busy lives to makes Taylor's Senior Night extra special. Taylor and Jordan enjoyed the 'cheering section' devoted to TOTALLY to them!!! You guys were the topic of conversation at the senior party after the game. Thanks again!!

DeAnn said...

No problem...it was a nice little getaway. Glad we were able to see the girls play at least once this year...if only life wasn't so busy. Thanks for putting up with us!

jodi said...

Love Kiley's shirt...looks like you guys had a lot of fun too!

Sarah D said...

The Practice Safe Sets shirt makes me want to get one just like it and go to a v-ball game!

How cool!

Anonymous said...

I had a great time and was so glad to get to watch the girls play. Taylor and Jordan...you both played a great game. The game and the car ride were both such memorable events. Thanks Mom for all the laughs. You always seem to give us things to laugh about. Gavin and Maddox provided lots of entertainment too. Never a dull moment...Not even when Mom was snoring while she was awake!?! It must have been the variety of ages because there was always something/ or someone making the weekend so much fun.

Anonymous said...

KILEY'S SHIRT WAS AWESOME! lol