Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Painting!

On Friday the boys had a pumpkin decorating contest to participate in. There were a lot of students who decided to participate. Gavin and Maddox had fun painting their pumpkins and I was never so glad to be done. They, even Gavin, have no concept of keeping their fingers out of the paint. I understand that they're kids, but WOW! I have never seen such a mess in my life. I laid out newspapers on the dining room table so I wouldn't have to clean it. There was paint all over the table. It was fun though and we'll do it again next year. As Gavin says "It's our tradition!"

The beginning of "Frankenstein"
Gavin had a part in painting Maddox's caterpillar too. He painted the bottoms while Maddox was napping. The rest was up to Maddox.

We did add some stitches later...we forgot about them. Notice Frankenstein's teeth....that's where they had trouble staying out of the paint. I think we fixed them 3 times...the black was taking a while to dry, so I finally decided that Frankenstein was going to have a couple black teeth. Gavin didn't care at all, so neither did I.

All in all it was a fun project.

8 comments:

Sara B. said...

Those pumpkins look so cute. The boys did a great job and looks like they had good time.

Anonymous said...

Cool pumpkins boys! Those look great. Pumpkins are sure decorated a lot different now than when my kids were little.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pumpkins!!! Your mommy sure has a lot of patience and good ideas for you guys.I think she is a good mommy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Guess what happened??? I had to laugh when it happened agaiiiiin. I had a long day. I'll try again.

DeAnn said...

Mom,
You know next time you leave an anonymous comment don't worry about leaving another message. At this point we ALL know who it is. How does that sound?

Anonymous said...

gavin and maddox, i wish i could make pumpkins that good.and i wish i was that creative.those are super duper good! =]

Aubrey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Eric Carle pumpkin, Maddox! And old Frank ain't bad either, Gavin!

Anonymous said...

boys those pumpkins are pretty cute. You guys did an awesome job decorating them to.