Wednesday, October 1, 2008

We did it!

Just wanted to update all of you on our morning (see previous post). I subbed in the other pre-k class today and Maddox got to come along. He was very excited. He told a couple people in the parking lot on our way in that he was going to pre-school on Wednesday (it's usually just Tues. and Thurs.) and said "my Mommy is going to be my teacher!" He completely surprised me. What a good listener he is at school...even with me being his teacher. I was really proud of him. We had fun subbing this morning! Maybe they'll ask us to do it again someday.

Our conversation in the car on the way home:

Me: Can I be your teacher every day at school?
Maddox: NO! Miss Jamee is my teacher. I like her. You need to stay home and clean your room (He's not lying)

Me: I had fun today...did you?
Maddox: Yip! I had a BUNCH of new friends today. I wish I could sit by Patton every time.

Me: You were a good listener today. Are you always?
Maddox: Yeah, at school I am. (with an onery smile)

3 comments:

Shasta said...

I can't wait for these fun conversations with my kids. Your boys are soooo funny. Sad I missed them at Kristan's the other day. :(

Anonymous said...

Awesome job Maddox!! I am proud of you!! Thanks for the timer on the blog DeAnn. We sure are ready for that elephant to move over!! We made it through our first labor/delivery class tonight. You will have to ask Jeremy about the hotties he watched in the movie!!

DeAnn said...

Shasta,
I know...maybe we'll catch up with you another time.

Kelly,
I think the ticker may make it creep by...that's what I'm thinking for now.
I'd love to hear all about your labor and delivery class. I'm sure it wasn't a bore.