Thursday, October 30, 2008

I've Been Tagged...

I've been tagged by Courtney at The Kocher's and Jenny at The Campbell's Blog.


So, here are the rules...
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post (or however many you want)
4. If you are tagged, just do it, and pass the tag along!!

I was tagged several days ago by Courtney and have honestly been putting it off. I'm having a hard time coming up with 6 random things about myself that I care to share. Here it goes...

1. I have a hard time saying "No" to anyone. I get myself caught up in all sorts of odd jobs because I simply cannot say no to save my life. I am way too nice at times. My Mom always used to tell me I needed to get a "backbone" and stand up for myself.

2. When I was 20ish...I can't remember my exact age, I got an illegal consumption when my friend was pulled over for having a tail light out on our way home from the Midway. I blew a .08 (if only I were 21) I had to go to a victim impact panel where they brought in people whose family members were killed by drunk drivers and people who were actually hit and paralyzed by drunk drivers. I will NEVER drive drunk...it's not worth it!

3. I am a procrastinator! (Mostly just with things that I don't want to do) I do the things that I want to in a timely fashion, the other things can wait. I work better (faster) under pressure.

4. I am not a neat freak...I sometimes wish I were. I'm not! There are much more important things to me than having a spotless house.

5. I love to play volleyball although it's been forever since I have. This is turning into a trip down memory lane. Do you want to hear something funny? I was a cheerleader from 5th-8th grade. It's a scary thought. Larry tells me that East Junior High had the ugliest cheerleaders. It's funny, he married one of them. I realize that statement really makes him sound like a jerk. He isn't...most of the time.

6. I confessed to my Mom and Dad last year that I, instead of my friend Kim who was nice enough to take the blame for me, had broken one of their rolling kitchen chairs back in high school (I graduated 13 years ago). Every time the chair was moved it was followed by "that damn Kim" for years, and years, and years! I felt really bad, but couldn't muster up the "backbone" I needed to bolt it out. I made the mistake of telling my sisters and from then on out the "damn Kim" chair was purposely brought up at every family function.

That was kind of fun after I got going. I have NEVER done that. You know the emails that you get where you're supposed to answer the questions and pass it on...I delete them. You should try it though if you haven't.

I'm going to tag some people that I don't believe have been tagged yet.

Megan, Lori, Kelly, Angie, Jodi, and Stephanie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I love that you were tagged. I think I was laughing out loud while reading this. #6 was, of course, my favorite. I'm sure Elaine will agree with that. We will never forget the broken chair and that "damn Kim". Thanks Kim for being such a good sport. We had many laughs over that "secret". I do think, however, that there should be a #7. Any ideas DeAnn about what #7 might reveal? :) Oh how we love to give you a hard time.

DeAnn said...

I considered a #7, but then thought that I had already told all of my "secrets". That's one thing I should've mentioned. I have the memory of an old woman...maybe a 69 yr old who can't remember not to hit the anonymous button.

Anonymous said...

Oh no. I know one more secret that I don't think you have revealed. That is what I thought should be #7. Elaine....do you remember another secret?

And as far as the old woman...she IS doing it right! She told me so. She is NOT hitting the anonymous button! But she can't figure out why her computer keeps doing that!?!

Kocher Family said...

I'd love to hear more secrets, cindy! That's just for being tagged DeAnn!

Anonymous said...

those were cute. I think i'll just go anonymous from now on. That way you won't know if I did it on purpose or not. I'll be safer that way. As far as that 69 year old woman, it keeps you girls on your toes wondering what she will do next. Keeps your brain busy and it won't get cobweby. That's my mission.

Anonymous said...

In confess DeAnn, I typically put tags and pass-along emails off too, but thought it was kind of fun after I did it! Thanks for sharing. The grade school cheerleader thing made me crack up! I too tried the cheerleader thing. Being the uncoordinated individual that I am, it is better left as one of those deeply buried memories.

Schackmann said...

Deann, I have to agree with Larry, those East cheerleaders, I mean OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! Theres no way you made that cut. You were way to smokin for that caliber!! and about this consumption thing, I think theres going to be weirdness between us. I didn't know you were on that side of the law. We may work it out some day, but for now, I just need time!!!!!!!!