Thursday, October 2, 2008

Shreve's Pumpkin Patch

The Pre-K and Kindergarten classes took a field trip last week to Shreve's which is south of Fairfield...near Barnill. I think everyone had a good time, kids and adults. Everyone was ready for a nap by the end of the day, but it was a great day for the pumpkin patch.

Gavin spent most of his free time on the tractors hauling kids around. If only I had a small portion of his energy!

Maddox trying to explain to Patton that the purple juice is better than the blue juice

Gavin hauling Alex
Avery posing for me...
Maddox, Collin (Gavin's classmate), and Gavin


Rylin, Gavin, Collin and Maddox too
Wagon ride out to pick our pumpkins

Gavin found the perfect one...then later found another perfect one with a huge stem that he liked even better.
Maddox watering the patch...and let me tell you he watered it good!

Maddox with his muddy little pumpkin

Gavin writing his name on his pumpkin...the first perfect one (it was left for some other little boy or girl to find) He told me he switched after we were already back on the wagon...a little late.

Lori, Kamdyn, and Rylin Thanks for riding with me Lori...and holding the wheel while I blew my brains out umpteen times.
Lunch time
Maddox trying to eat and save a tractor for later. Nobody was on the tractors and so he thought he'd snatch one up while it was free. Yes, everyone else was sitting on the picnic tables or blankets.

Maddox sitting on the Pumpkin Patch Express
Shreve's
Smiling...just because!

Patton and Maddox being silly!

4 comments:

Luke's Folks said...

For a minute there I thought you all were in Shreveport! I have my "Shreve" baseball shirt on right now. The school I work at is called Captain Shreve. How funny. Looks like you had alot of fun. Love keeping up with you and your family through your blog.
Jen

Lori said...

Shreve's was fun as always. This was my third year and by far the best. I enjoyed spending time with you, thanks for the ride! I'm glad you felt up to going. It's nice to see the kids having so much fun together. Field trips are great!

Lori said...

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. So it's totally fine that Maddox took a pee in the Pumpkin Pecker Patch!

jodi said...

Lori - that is too funny! I had a great time too. It's nice to have friends to enjoy the school events with!