Wednesday, July 23, 2008

And the Award Goes to...

A couple of weeks ago, I received a Blogger award from a long time friend of ours, Amber. I knew who Amber was growing up because we went to the same small elementary and jr. high. However, she is quite a bit younger than me....so, it wasn't until we detasseled together in high school that we met up and she quickly found out that my boyfriend, now husband, and the soon- to- be love of her life, were friends. And there the story begins...

Thanks goes out to Amber who encouraged us to start this blog!

And now, after holding onto this for 2 whole weeks, I have FINALLY decided that this Blogger Love Award Goes to!?!?!?!?!?!?!?


(Click above to check it out)
This was a tough decision for me...but, I chose Aubrey's Blog due to the fact that she updates regularly, which is extremely difficult to do at times. And, of course, the fact that I find her updates to be "down to earth" or just exactly what's on her mind at the moment. And, it might have something to do with the fact that I have a soft spot for couples with boys. And, she's related to Larry...so that might be a tiny part of it too. Either way, check out her blog. It's definitely worthwhile! My personal favorite would have to be "Horrible Parents Are We" (I still laugh at that one!) Congrats to Aubrey and her boys!

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Thanks DeAnn!! I am lovin blogging - I'm glad someone else enjoys it too!!

Sarah D said...

Great about the awards!

now, the real point of this comment...AMBER DETASSLED???
I cannot believe it? Are there pics of this event? I really need more details.

DeAnn said...

She did detassel...you'd have to ask for her to give details. That's all I can remember!!

Unfortunately, I have no photos. That was before my picture days.

amberlindemann said...

I know it's hard to believe but I haven't always been so incredibly fat and out of shape.

At one point, I was able to walk up and down corn fields...

all I remember from the whole experience is talking to deann about rick, flashing greg bergbower and paul faller, bernie faller making a crude comparison between something and sunscreen and falling asleep on bernie on the bus ride home every day.

:)
-amber