Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Grandpa's Helpers...


Last Saturday, the boys and I spent the day at my parents' house while Larry golfed with the guys. At the end of the evening we went down in the bottoms with my Dad to pick up sticks, logs, barrels, etc. out of one of his fields caused by the recent levee break. We took my nephew Rhett along with us. The boys did help....a little. They kept getting side-tracked. You see, under every log they picked up was a different critter.

First, a mouse...which they chased for about 5 minutes. It didn't have any logs left to hide under by the time they were done. Gavin accidentally stepped on him as they were chasing it...that was the end of that.
Here the mouse is jumping over an old corn stalk.

Then, they found a huge toad.

By the time we made it back to Mom and Dad's this is what we found on the couch. I'd say it must've been a rough day, wouldn't you?

No comments: