Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our new toy!

A couple of weeks ago we had a nice young gentleman stop by our house and talked me into letting him clean our carpet in the living room. I let him, much to Larry's disappointment. Larry, who was working in the kitchen, mocked this kid the entire time. Keep in mind a couple years ago we had the same company stop in and show us this vacuum and we almost purchased it. We had an ancient rainbow vacuum which no longer had much suction to it. We've had it for 8 years and we purchased it from a lady for $50 when we got married. Anyway, to make a long story short Larry had no intentions of buying it, and told the guy so. They nearly dropped the price in half and I wanted it. You should've seen the dirt that came out of our carpet which is only a little over a year old. Gavin was listening to all of this and immediately wanted it. I told him that he could have it if he bought it. So, he went to his night stand and brought out $2.25 and begged us to let him buy it. Needless to say, for the next week he would wake up each morning and get the vacuum out of the closet and mess with all the accessories. Gavin is now the super proud owner of a Kirby vacuum. He's even done our mattresses and asked tonight if we needed to do our pillows. He doesn't want to have any "dirt mites" in our house. I think he takes after his Grandma Dorn....definitely not me!


Arguing over who gets to wind up the cord
Trying out the hard surface option.

5 comments:

Sarah D said...

If vacuum cleaner envy is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

I am so jealous. I have been in the market for a new one for a while now. I want a Dyson, but cannot bear to pay the price. Perhaps you can take your new one on tour.

The Dorn Family Kirby tour '08

I bet it would sell out!

DeAnn said...

That's not a bad idea...I have a hard enough time wanting to vacuum my own house. I don't think I'd do well. Although, Gavin might just enjoy that.

We really like it. You should see how much dirt it has picked up in the first couple weeks. They are pricy...however, I feel like it's an investment. (no eye rolling please) It's under a complete warranty for 3 yrs. and after that you pay $175 for a brand new one for the rest of your life. We had new carpet from just a year ago and to think that it was so dirty because our other vacuum wasn't doing it's job is gross.

Mrs. Seals said...

I think those same people stopped by here a few weeks ago. Alexis & I had just left for a bike ride and Pete had to deal with them. He didn't let them in, most of our carpet is new and we were in the process of getting new in the living room. I am in the market for a new vaccuum, but I think I'll shop at Wal-Mart instead. I think in the back of his mind he was already planning on buying a new gun and didn't want to spend it on a vacuum. Brad was telling me about your blog. Glad I found it, I'll check in often. Pete really isn't into the blogging thing. One bad thing for us is that we have dial-up internet. I can't really watch You Tube videos or listen to music without it taking forever to down load. DSL stops about 1 mile up the road. Who do you think I would have to contact for that? A good phone man probably. Ha Ha!

jodi said...

Sounds like the phone company guys are all alike - I would have let the guy clean our carpet too. Doug won't do the cleaning, do you think you can send your salesman out to Claremont (or I would like to be on the Dorn family tour!)
The Schneiders
Doug - Jodi- Avery - Braden

Anonymous said...

Is Gavin for hire?