Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Just what we needed!

Another pet...


This is Maddox with his newfound lifeguard friend, Brooke. She was kind enough to GIVE Maddox this beta fish today (along with the bowl and food). She simply asked if he wanted a fish and you all know what he said. She did tell him to ask his Mom. I couldn't say no. What's to lose. We have one fish tank already and besides, it's Larry's job to clean it.


His new beta is blue and red. Here you can get a small glimpse of it.

Gavin has swim lessons EVERY morning for an hour. So, Maddox uses his time wisely and talks to all the lifeguards. He usually has lots of questions for Jillian and Jenna. They keep him entertained...and he likes it!

Oh, and Brooke's name for the beta was Dolche'. So far it's still Dolche' even though Maddox has to ask me what his name is each and every time he talks about him, which is a lot!

4 comments:

jodi said...

We will soon be the proud owners of a new "redneck" blue pool for the backyard - you'll have to bring the kids out.
And - I, too, enjoy blogging. It relieves some stress to write things down - if nothing else!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the fish tank idea turned out to be such a hot commodity for Gavin's birthday!! Sometimes just when I think I come up with silly ideas they become rocket science!! Could that be because I think like a kid???

Anonymous said...

very cool. Everytime I hear that fishes name I get hungry for a little Dolce De Leche. Was not sure if that was spelled correctly? Could you give the definition of that please? LOL Just had to throw that one in!

DeAnn said...

Jodi, I'm sure that the boys would love to swim in your "redneck" pool. Is it the blue type from Wal-Mart. We used to have one of those. Just let us know when.

Kelly, the fish tank has been a great gift...as long as I don't have to clean it. You should be a rocket scientist.

About Dolche'...I'm not so sure that name is sticking at our house. Maddox still can't remember it...and for him that's unusual. He doesn't forget anything. That may be a sign that Dolche's gotta go. We'll see!